HOME OF THE TIMBERWOLVES
FAFSA is OPEN- OCTOBER 1 Go To fafsa.gov
A few key points to keep in mind:
- *COMPLETE IT NOW- EARLY ADMISSION IS CRITICAL FOR SPECIFIC COLLEGE MONIES (try to narrow your college choices down before submitting the admission application then you can compare what the different colleges can offer in scholarship/grant/etc money. BUT this money runs out fast so get it done this month!)
- *There is a mobile App available now ( myStudentAid in the app store)
- *Parents AND students have sections to complete so be sure your student completes their own so they will know their key questions, passwords, etc. See me for a card to keep this information on.
- *be sure and use a non-school email
- *the FAFSA and Social Security number MUST match
- *I have cards to keep your login information on AND put it in a safe place *be sure and use the sidebar information tool if you have questions on how to answer
- *have your 2018 taxes available
- *use the 1040 form and make sure the address matches from tax form to the FAFSA *the FAFSA and Social Security number MUST match (never put a tax ID number on the FAFSA)
- *I have cards to put your login information on and to keep in a safe place
- *the IRS Data Retrieval is secure and a huge improvement to completing the FAFSA *use the sidebar information tool if you have questions on how to answer *be sure and check the Assets/Investments sheet-- things like family farms that you live on and operate do not need to be reported as assets
Kansas Board of Regents has some State Programs that offer scholarships/grants/etc at: kansasregents.org
A few are:
State of Kansas scholarships Kansas State & Ethnic Minority scholarship
Kansas Career technical Workforce Grant Military Service scholarship Nursing & Teacher Service scholarships
Kansas National Guard Educational Assistance ROTC Service scholarship Fee Waiver programs
Kansas Career Work-Study Some of these require acceptance in a specific program (nursing/education) but it doesn't hurt to check into the criteria.
I'm also going to list more scholarship websites to check-
studentaid.ed.gov finaid.org/scholarships academicinvest.com
AGAIN, you shouldn't have to pay to apply.